Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Got Coffee Creamer but Fake Eggs

You've heard that old saying....maybe you've even said it, a time or two......."the squeaky wheel gets oiled."

Yesterday morning, Mike and I arrived at the doctor's office 30 minutes before 9 a.m. (for a 9 a.m. appointment), with plans to go to iHOP (yes that, "we have no cream, for your coffee") for Breakfast, afterwards.

First of all, the doctor's office was "cold enough to hang meat" (I've got lots of these little sayings stored away in that raggedy old book, in my head). We decided that we were so cold.......we'd be exchanging our initial reason for the visit to being treated for pneumonia!

I finally decided on an idea. I went to the "sign in desk" and suggested a "fund-raising effort......by renting blankets to those of us waiting." (The thermostat got turned up.)

Anyway, we sat so long....people began introducing themselves to each other! Mr. Green was the nicest little man who had overslept that morning......until 5 a.m.

But I digress (I just love that word, and it fits most of my conversations, so well!) We were there so long, the Breakfast we had planned to have at the "we don't have creamer" restaurant turned into "we should just order lunch" (but, we didn't.)

We sat down, and our server came and we ordered coffee. She questioned, "would you like cream?" then she looked at me, and said, "of course you would!" (with a smile). Maybe we've been there too much......naw, we just made an impression!

About 10 minutes into our meal, the General Manager came out (apparently, it had "made it to the back" that "the complainer is out there"). This time, her uniform was clean, and her hair was brushed. She was very nice and congenial, and she asked, "How is everything?" I replied, "Everything is great, you have cream!" She said, with a smile, "I keep it, just for you."

Yep, the squeaky wheel gets oiled!
(Another hint for you......DO NOT order scrambled eggs at iHOP. Fried eggs are REAL......the scrambled eggs are fake. Yes, I did....and no, I won't the next time!)

Maybe I'll get that place shaped up, after a few more visits......or they'll invite me to "don't come back!"
#LaureliHOP #nocreamerformycoffee? #squeakywheelgetsoiled #fakescrambledeggs #waitinginadoctorsoffice

No comments: