Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Leaving the Water Alone!!

Traveling provides me (and you) with many stories. You all (I'm working on not saying y'all so much, since I'm headed north) know, to me, "Life is a Story."  Well, I am traveling and yesterday wasn't much of a story.....I saw nothing exciting.....nothing momentous happened.

Well, that's not really true it just wasn't much to write about (but I'm gonna' tell you about it, anyway.) 

I'm a part of this "rig" (RV, that is) because I bragged that I "can do everything about setting up an RV except leveling the jacks and driving it" (and those two things are pretty much the most important!!)

Anyway, I'm good at directions (not when we're driving....when we get there and are getting into our spot) ....."move over this way" ..............
......"move more that way"....."you're gonna' hit that post"......."aw, you just took the bark off that tree!"  (Not really....he's a good driver!!) 

I know where everything is located.....I can hook up the water, hook up the electricity (I know what's 30 amp and what's 50 amp). I can put the slides out. You get the picture....I know what I'm doing. That's how I passed the "interview" to get the job!!

I have decided....I am no longer touching the water! Everytime I do, it leaks and last night was no exception. Thank goodness, Mike saw it when he was hooking up the 50 amp (is he trying to take my job??) or we would have been like that song, "I've got lakefront property".....or something like that!!

We had stopped, for the night, in a little "off the beaten path" RV Park  (those are really the best kind) outside Sikeston, MO. That's where Lambert's Cafe with their "throwed rolls" is located. No, we didn't go. We were tired, and we have a kitchen in this moving household!!  

Speaking of throwed rolls....have you ever been there? Did you catch the roll? There was a reason I didn't make the basketball team back at good ole LHS!! Yes, it's a great advertisement, but please PASS the rolls!!

Anyway, we went to bed LATE because we got there late....but it was still daylight and it was WAY past Cocktail Hour. Do you think that stopped us? Are you kidding? 

At about1:30 a.m. (yes, middle of the night) Mike jumps up.....like he was shot from a cannon. "I forgot to get the keys out of the Jeep!"  So, up and out, he goes. Can you say wide awake, now? 

However, as tired as we both were, we might not have heard a would be robber unhooking said Jeep and driving off. Mike wouldn't really mind losing the Jeep....it would be the loss of the bicycle that would make him cry!!

This morning was absolutely the best morning. Sitting at the table (yes, that piece of furniture gets lots of use), we raised the blinds, and there...parked a couple of spaces down was a Mercedes Class C (that's a "cab over" camper). We took our coffee cups and went over for a visit. What a wonderful young couple were Kathy and Larry Gore. They live in Indiana, but Larry's parents live in Houston, MS!!! Traveling with them was Kathy's 87 year old father. They were on their way to Kerrville, TX to his sister's 90th birthday!! 

I asked Larry if he was related to Sue Gore - who went to school with me, years ago, at SJC. (He didn't know her....and I told him she's somehow related to me!) Often, the best part of traveling is the people one meets, and today was no exception. 

Mike was excited because Larry and Kathy both ride bikes, and Larry knew all about the Tanglefoot Trail that runs from New Albany, MS to Houston, MS. He wants to ride RAGBRAI with Mike. 

Personally, I was thankful neither of them looked at me and said, "do you ride?" (Mike just gets too much joy out of telling my "she fell while she was standing still" story!)

I can't end this without mentioning "Miss Lilly"....an 8 year old Pom who was being walked by her mom. She could have been my sweet Bella's twin. Same black coloring with tan "boots", same sweet face ......but Miss Lilly isn't a "yapper" like Bella and Precious. This mama loves them and misses them, anyway!!

Miss Lilly's mama sold her house, lives in a camper.....has Miss Lilly, three cats (one belongs to Miss Lilly, she said!) and a Dove, which she raised from a baby. I wonder if I can apply for some sort of "Listener Certification" and start charging for all this stuff I hear!

I really am glad that I got this "job".......I am a "working RV Companion," but I'm leaving the water alone!!
#RVCamping #TownandCountryRVPark #runontheroad





No comments: